Welcome to Ably Resources
Welcome to Ably Resources, a market leading specialist recruitment group operating in the Oil & Gas and Technical & Engineering sectors.
Here at Ably we are an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job!
We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services. Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge where we work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independant companies through to global blue chip operators.
To be a market leading Global Recruitment Group operating in the Oil & Gas and Technical & Engineering construction sectors
Oil & Gas, Drilling/Marine/Subsea, Technical & Engineering, Architectural markets
Operating in the international arena as well as nationally and locally Ably can achieve and are able to deliver a quality choice to our clients whenever and wherever they require resource.
Group operations: UK - Abu Dhabi - Dubai - Bahrain - Houston - Hong Kong - Kazakhstan - Azerbaijan
Ably Resources Opens Additional International Office in Dubai – January 2014
Ably Resources continue to grow at a substantial rate with the opening of a new representative office in Dubai, UAE. The opening of this Ably Resources office is an important step towards realising the business goals within the Middle East and African markets. The new office is part of the continued growth at Ably Resources as the delivery of our service evolves in the coming years.
Ably Resources Director, Mark Lombardi comments, "Ably have been successfully providing recruitment solutions in the Middle East for the past 3 years. As a result of our on-going business activities, our commitment to partners and our long term strategic vision to build upon an already successful business in MENA, we are delighted to announce the opening of our representative office in Dubai at Business Bay”.
Ably Resources Divisional Manager, Ami Wright, said, "We have had a very warm reception from our existing clients with operations across the UAE. Through recommendations and introductions we have also had a lot of interest from other businesses in the region who are excited about Ably’s global network of professionals and our ability to quickly identify and mobilise the best staff, whenever and wherever they might be in the world."
The Dubai office is located at:
Office 3612, Churchill Executive Tower, Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Over the past 12 months Ably have doubled the size of their recruitment team focusing on supporting the following markets:
- Engineering | Design | Property
- Oil & Gas
- Drilling | Marine | Subsea
|showing 1-5 of 190 vacancies||next>|
Lead Mechanical Engineer
£52 - 68 per hour
ABLY RESOURCES are currently representing an Operating client in South East Asia who due to project wins and extensions urgently requires a ... Lead Mechanical Engineer for their project. This is a contract position with a well known operator on an hourly rate with a guarantee of 40 hours per week. In order to be suitable for this role you must have over 10 years offshore project experience and worked on a number of Wellhead Platform Projects.
• Perform the value engineering of client input data, project basis of design;
• Finalize infield pipelines sizing, insulation, heating requirements, and define the flowline operating envelopes through field life, based on Flow Assurance Study.
• Finalize the tie-in philosophy and design the subsea PLEM accordingly;
• Develop the fixed facilities design to an AFD level and where necessary to an AFC level;
• Identify and produce tender documentation for the Early Procured Long Lead Items (including Structural Primary Steel, Generator, Gas Booster Compressor, Pedestal Crane, Linepipe and Subsea valve);
• Produce interface design documentation with tie-in host facilities
• Conduct and incorporate results from a HAZID and HAZOP review of the fixed facilities;
• Provide such design documentation as required for the Subcontractor to prepare an EIA;
• Produce Quantitative Risk Assessment Study for the fixed facilities;
• Liaise with the appointed Classification Society in order to obtain the FEED Design Appraisal certificate.
• Produce overall project cost accuracy to ±10%;
• Produce an overall Project schedule;
• Analysis of technical contractual documents and design criteria.
• Perform or initiate conceptual design.
• Prepare requisitions/specifications/data sheets/guide drawings
• Prepare equipment requisition.
• Provide necessary interface information to other departments.
• To coordinate with all the other discipline engineers.
• Produce documents on schedule and within the allocated manhours
• Provide technical advice and guidance to other disciplines and mentor Engineers
• Coordination with Project Managers, and Lead Engineers from other disciplines for the inter-disciplinary tasks and with Client Engineers on Mechanical issues.
• Provide direction, guidance and advice to SMEs and Mechanical Engineers under his/her responsibility
• Consolidate design criteria, obtain all design data and disseminate them to team members
• Planning and implementation of project to ensure deliverables are issued on schedule, project milestone dates are met, and given tasks are completed within the allowed budget.
• Distribute workload of team personnel and coordinate their work on project.
• Participate in internal/client meetings and disseminate relevant information required to LMEs and MEs under his responsibility.
• Produce document on schedule and within the budgeted manhours.
• Ensure quality of the deliverable is of the expected level.
• Organize the disciplinary checking.
• Organize and monitor the interdisciplinary check.
• Organize and maintain the discipline filing / e-filing.
• Raise change notices when required.
• Submit weekly or monthly project status report as required to the Project Manager
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other related discipline, from a five year accredited college or university.
• At Least 10 years of engineering experience including
• At least 3 years experience in a Lead engineer role.
• Performed 3 similar Well Head Platform projects as a Senior Engineer
• Experience in vendor interface for large skid mounted equipment and packaged modules typical to oil & gas processing facilities and equipment.
• Experience in setting up & managing Mechanical Discipline & interface with other disciplines
• Computer literate in Windows and ACAD, MS Word, MS Excel, etc. Good oral and written communication skills in English. Good organization and interpersonal skills.
ALL APPLICATIONS REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL
Added: 30 Mar 2015
Piping Interface Coordinator (Piping background) – IMMEDIATE ST
£Negotiable per annum
Piping Interface Coordinator (Piping background) – IMMEDIATE START
My client, one of the world’s largest EPC organisations, ... with a huge presence in the Middle East, are now looking for a experienced Piping Interface Coordinator to work on a ongoing Refinery project based in Saudia Arabia (KSA). Please note this is a URGENT requirement hence long notice periods will not be considered.
To support Interface Manager / Sr. Interface Coordinator of IF Team for all interface activities related to Civil & Architectural matters, but not limited to Underground services.
To coordinate with other EPCs, internal divisions, sub-contractors (at Construction stage), and the third parties if so required.
To manage IPs (Interface Points) of EPC-13, who is the largest IP holder among EPCs in this Project as a nature of Utilities Package.
To handle Coreworx Interface Management System (web-based interface management tool)
Any other interface related activities.
Covering stages from engineering through construction and pre-commissioning if so required.
Required experience / knowledge:
Good skill and knowledge for C&A Interface activities, especially U/G services including for construction stage
Good skill for communicating (including writing) in English and utilizing IT and preparation of documents, handling database, etc.
Experience of mega-project in Oil & Gas industry in Middle East, preferable if experienced in Saudi Aramco projects.
Aggressive in coordination with other counterpart in terms of protecting clients interest
If you feel you have the right background and experience for this role, please send your CV to. Nadim.firstname.lastname@example.org
Added: 30 Mar 2015
PCS Hardware and Software Engineer
£84,256 - 103,699 per annum
ABLY RESOURCES are representing our global EPCM client who require a PCS Hardware and Software Engineer to be based in Saudi Arabia on a ... refinery project for a their large operating client. This role is a 12 month renewable contract and is 6 working days a week based on a 12 week on and 2 weeks off rotation. The first 4 – 8 weeks will be spent in Japan.
Main job Description/Requirements
• At least 7-10 Years of Hands on Experience in Industrial Automation Industry, preferable in the design of Honeywell Experience DCS, ESD,MPS/PDP Hardware. The Candidate should have worked at senior engineer level in at least two comparable size projects in the above role.
• Must have knowledge of Foundation Fieldbus Technology & experience in design/commissioning and troubleshooting of its Infrastructure.
• Able to demonstrate sound understanding of the Hardware Design Drawing's and ensure its correctness as per standards and project requirements.
• Provide relevant comments to MAC deliverables during PDR/ CDR/ FAT/ FAT Phases of the Project and ensure accurate implementation.
• Verify selection of correct models of relays, power supplies, circuit breakers, terminals, isolators, cables, cable trays etc.
• The Certified Candidate on Honeywell Experience Platform will be given preference.
• Experience in Honeywell HMI Display Builder, Static Graphic, Dynamic Graphics, ESD Graphics, F&G Graphics and Third Party Package Graphics. Through knowledge of HMI Graphics Cycle development as per ASM Guidelines. Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems and its design and application criteria.
• The Candidate must demonstrate sound understanding of the Software Typical Design and ensure its correctness as per standards and project requirements.
• Ability to Understand PFD's I P&ID;.
• Sound Understanding of Process Control Philosophy, Logic Diagrams, Control Narratives.
• Good Understanding of Communication Protocols for e.g. Modbus TCP/IP, OPC, Serial RS- 485, RS-232 and HART.
• Understanding of Honeywell Advanced Solutions such as PI/ DAHS, OTS, OAS, ALMS.
• Knowledge of PCS Interfaces with Motor Control Centre (MCC).
• Good Understanding of Process Control Network Architecture .
Skill Set required
• Must be familiar with various PCS subsystems such as DCS ,ESD,MPS, CCS, ALMS ,IAMS,PI/DAHS,ALMS,OTS,OAS,BMA.
• Good understanding and knowledge of Hardware and Software required for PCS integration.
• Must have excellent coordination skills within a fast paced project environment
• Working Knowledge of SPI and its deliverables is essential.
• Working closely with the Lead Engineer in order to complete all assigned duties in a timely manner. You will be responsible to carry out FAT/IFAT at Main Automation Contractors office in the clients office.
• Proficient in MS-Office Suite MS-Excel and MS-Access. Ability to handle large database is essential.
• Liaise with Client Engineering Team to clarify any design issues.
• Ensure the Design of Software is consistent with Prototype Software Design
• Primavera, AutoCAD or micro station knowledge required.
This is an urgent requirement so please do not delay in your application if you are interested. All conversations remain confidential.
Added: 30 Mar 2015
Interface Coordinator - Civil
£Negotiable per annum
Ably Resources are working alongside a global Engineering, Procurement, Management & Construction Company to source an experienced Civil ... Interface Coordinator.
This is a full time requirement for an experienced Civil Interface Coordinator to be based in Japan before moving with the project to Saudi Arabia. The contract will be for 12 months initially with a view to extend. Rotation is 12 weeks on an 2 weeks off and accommodation, flights and board are all provided by the client. A brilliant opportunity to work within an international EPC company supporting multi million pound projects.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Good knowledge of Construction and Architectural Interface activities, especially underground services including construction stage projects.
- Good English communication skills (including writing) and able to utilise IT in preparation of documents, handling database, etc.
- Experience of multimillion dollar projects in Oil & Gas industry in the Middle East.
- Diplomatic in coordination with counterparts in terms of protecting clients interest
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- To support Interface Manager / Senior Interface Coordinator of for all interface activities related to Civil & Architectural matters, but not limited to Underground services.
- To coordinate with other EPCs, internal divisions, sub-contractors (at Construction stage), and the third parties if so required.
- To manage Interface Points as a nature of Utilities Package.
- To handle Coreworx Interface Management System (web-based interface management tool)
- Any other interface related activities.
- Covering stages from engineering through construction and pre-commissioning if so required
Added: 30 Mar 2015
Project Manager - Construction
£Negotiable per annum
Reports to a Senior Project Manager and is responsible for delivery of a project to contract ... requirements.
• Management of all aspects of delivering a project on a major programme of highways and infrastructure development works
• Manage the construction supervisor to facilitate delivery of construction, coordinating logistics, permitting, commissioning and handover activities to contractual technical, budget, schedule and quality requirements.
• Interface with the Controls and Commercial Teams to ensure coordination and reporting is of a level that assists in the timely delivery of contract deliverables.
• Monitor works to confirm, they are being carried out in accordance the Operations strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices
• Liaise with the Engineering Team to assist in the execution of design solutions that promote constructability and value engineering
• Monitor and report on the performance of the construction supervisors and the contractors
• Ensure best safety practices employed during construction
• Obtain the required support to assist in the timely payment of invoices and resolution of variations and claims.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Significant construction experience as a Project Manager during execution of civil & infrastructure projects including roads services, structures, bridges, underpass, sewerage, underground HV power, ITS, lighting, water reticulation.
• Experience and skills of managing major highways, projects in excess of QR 400 Million.
• 20 years post graduate experience
• BSc in related subject
• Chartered or Professional Engineer
• Fluency in English language both written and spoken
• Arabic language skills desirable but not essential
• Experience use of MS Office.
• Team Management & Team player
• Strong customer focus
• Accepts Responsibility
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Commercial Awareness
• HSE Awareness
Added: 26 Mar 2015
|showing 1-5 of 190 vacancies||next>|