Our client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing an array of services to a diverse client range. A Sustainability Engineer is now required to join their busy, friendly office in Central Malta.
The Sustainability Engineer will primarily take responsibility for the sustainability management however will also assist the M&E Engineer team where required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop the Sustainability Management Business Plan and identify sustainability related business opportunities within the market
• Promote, undertake and conclude Energy Audits
• Advise the project team on energy use and conservation of energy in projects aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
• Provide strategic low-energy design concepts and development of such concepts
• Identify sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures; highlight any opportunities to increase the organisation’s sustainability credentials
• Conduct LEED/BREEAM pre-assessments and provide the necessary design advice in line with LEED / BREEAM accreditation
• Undertake gap analysis reports, should the desired ratings not be achieved/achievable
• Prepare low and zero-carbon technology feasibility studies and energy statements for local authority approval as part of planning applications
• Coordinate and promote sustainability requirements designs with that of other design competences deployed on projects including but not limited to architects, engineers, health and safety, interior designers, project managers, cost managers and all project sub-consultants
• Develop and update Sustainability engineering concepts and project briefs combining aesthetics with practical considerations
• Support the team, while maintaining the integrity of designs through robust change control and project processing techniques from conception to completion, ensuring a seamless document flow in the process
• With an emphasis on sustainability, design, develop and manage new technologies that integrate into existing systems and services, while also recommending improved design management systems to the team and the Company
• Design and supervise the installation of building services in new or existing buildings, including all equipment and materials involved with heating, lighting, ventilation, air-conditioning, electrical distribution, water supply, sanitation, public health, fire protection, safety systems, lifts, escalators, facade engineering and acoustics.
• Undertake schematic design, concept design, developed design, detailed design, supervision, testing and commissioning of integrated building services systems
• Approve materials, plants and workshop designs in line with contract documentation
• Plan and schedule works according to master schedules
• Manage and forecast costs, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is done within budget
• Assist in payment applications, variations and claims
• Assist in designing site-specific equipment as required
• Monitor and maintain building systems and processes, specifying maintenance and operating procedures, while managing expired systems and equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment
The successful applicant will:
• Hold a professional qualification, preferably in sustainability and/or environmental engineering or a related field.
• Preferably possess LEED/BREEAM accreditation or similar
• Demonstrate a proven track record with experience performing sustainability management and engineering duties in projects of high complexity and scale
• Be proficient in the use of AutoCad, Microsoft Office and/or related programs, BIM and/or other related design, engineering and sustainability systems
• Have excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
• Possess the ability to work under pressure and to work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment
• Show excellent attention to detail and have the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity
• Possess strong technical understanding of low-carbon building solutions
This leading organisation offers an excellent working environment and diverse portfolio of clients to work with.
For full details and a confidential discussion, please contact Ami Baird at email@example.com
|Job Category||Crew Management / Marine|