Shop Manager – Home Improvement
Our Client is an international superstore delivering a wide range of home improvement solutions.
A Shop Manager is now required to take responsibility for the full day to day operation of the store and this will include developing strategies to drive customer interest, increase sales and provide a dynamic environment for colleagues to develop their careers.
This is a particularly senior level role for a retail professional; responsibilities will include:
• Managing relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues to ensure outstanding customer service
• Allocating and monitoring budgets, reducing operations costs where possible
• Overseeing the purchase of merchandise
• Setting sales targets and tracking team performance
• Supporting the warehouse function in scheduling and monitoring stock
• Preparing products for sale according to seasonal and calendar events
• Supervising the display of products
• Working with senior team to develop and implement marketing strategies
• Managing discounts, deliveries and any customer complaints
• Taking overall responsibility for the shopping experience which will include cleanliness, housekeeping, displays etc
• Recruiting, training, managing and motivating the retail, security and cleaning teams
• Ensuring health & safety is maintained as per group policies and standards
Our client will require an individual with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably managing large stores, preferably home improvement shops.
Applicants will have strong communication and customer care skills together with the ability to manage time and reach demanding targets.
If you are an enthusiastic Retail Manager with the ability to maintain relationships and enthuse a team; this would be an excellent opportunity for you.
Our Client offers above average remuneration and an excellent career opportunity.
For full details and enhanced job description please contact Ami Baird at email@example.com