** SHIP MANAGER – SINGAPORE **
Our client owns and operates a large fleet of modern Refrigerated, Semi-refrigerated and Fully Pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), Ethylene, Ethane and petrochemicals. For the Technical Department within their Singapore Office we are seeking Ship Managers.
• Reporting to Fleet Manager, Technical.
• Manage the daily technical & operational matters of a group of vessels covering the overall vessels maintenance, general condition, operational performance, repairs.
• Maintain stringent cost control of operating budget including financial reporting and preparing of vessels’ annual budgets.
• Ensure vessels are certificated in accordance to International regulations. Plan surveys and inspections, and any condition of class are completed within scheduled dates.
• Responsible for Drydock repairs – specification, planning and execution, budget/bill settlement.
• Conduct Management Inspections. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action.
Review and respond to vessel technical reports and equipment performance monitoring. Review vessels record keeping and documentation to comply to International regulations and Company’s Policies and Procedures.
• Liaise with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure vessel’s.
• Implement and maintain a safe, environmental friendly, dependable and cost effective standard in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
• Establish consistent, professional and efficient service delivery standards at all times.
• Mentor and train officers and crew.
• Conduct appraisals of Officers and recommend actions.
• Interview engine officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
• Conduct investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the Fleet Managers.
• Holding Chief Engineers Certificate of Competency.
• Sailing experience on MAN B&W ME type engines as Chief Engineer or 1st Assistant Engineer preferred.
• Experience gained on ethylene carriers.
• Technologically driven, comfortable working in a digital environment, logical process development.
• No shore experience required.
• Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
• Ability to develop, improve and implement safe, and cost effective technical vessel management processes.
• An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management.
• Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines with excellent time management skills.
• Independent, outcome driven, organized and resourceful.
• Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
For information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Oil & Gas|