Our client is a Building Services contractor undertaking installation projects within a range of hospitality, commercial and large residential projects on Malta.
An Operations Manager is now required to take full responsibility for allocated projects from initial stage until final handover.
• Liaise with Technical Supervisors, preparing and issuing project plan
• Plan and oversee the allocation of resources and material, within agreed timeline and budget and in compliance with bid specifications and standards.
• Overseeing project progress on a daily basis; remaining updated on project status, any delays, alterations or complications that may affect timeline or budget.
• Retain regular contact with supervisors to manage daily project progress
• Keeping track of and following up on requirements for resources or materials necessary for the projects
• Maintain good relationships with direct reports and various department including finance together with consultants, sub contractors etc
• Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards to ensure smooth operations and identify ways and means to meet prospective and client’s needs.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date project plan report for each project, including tracking of project finances / spend, project alterations, record of project complications and solutions, invoicing and receipt of payments / part-payments etc., to be able to immediately access and issue actual progress reports whenever required.
• Attend to commissioning runs and certification activities as required.
• Possess a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, preferably with a hands-on mechanical and electrical installation background, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of health & Safety and environmental procedures to maintain best practice
• Show experience in managing teams on multiple projects
• Possess excellent organisation and communication skills
• Be fluent in written and verbal English and preferably Maltese
• Have excellent command of AutoCAD, Microsoft Projects and Microsoft Office
Individuals with a positive attitude and decision making capability are asked to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Building Services Contractor at a senior level.
Please contact Ami Baird at Ably Resources for a confidential discussion. Ami.firstname.lastname@example.org