M&E Quantity Surveyor
£50,000 – £55,000/annum
Glasgow, Glasgow City
My client a leading contractor within the mechanical and electrical construction industry who specialise in providing turnkey package solutions including mechanical, electrical and building refurbishment.
A M&E Quantity Surveyor is now required to join the growing and busy team.
• Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR’s, forecasts, Continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc.
• Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
• Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
• Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
• Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
• Provide a Weekly report (Progress and Contract) to the Line Manager.
• You must have previous experience working within an M&E contractor environment as an M&E Quantity Surveyor
• You must hold a degree qualification or equivalent in commercial management or quantity surveying.
• You must be fully conversant in Electrical Engineering – degree qualified would be highly advantageous.
• Professional memberships i.e. RICS/MRICS are an advantage but are not essential.
• You must have a strong working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry and good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
• You must be highly analytical and computer literate with an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel/ Words and Projects.
• You must be a strong communicator with a high degree of personal motivation holding excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
Please e-mail all CV’s to Natalie Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org