Our Client is a well known and highly reputable mechanical and electrical contractor servicing a client base throughout Malta.
Due to expansion within the Finance Department, a Junior Accountant is now required to perform a range of accounting, bookkeeping and general clerical and support functions.
• Working with the Finance Executives to ensure postings and statements for purchases are updated timely
• Keeping up to speed with credit control section, including handling debtors, chasing when needed
• Preparing monthly management accounts of various group companies
• Preparing and submitting VAT returns
• Improving on existing internal control procedures, including re-drafting of procedures where necessary
• Executing the budgeting process for the group companies under the remit of the line manager
• Assisting the Group Chief Finance Officer with maintaining full control over the cash-flow and rolling forecasts thereof
• Preparing ad hoc reports as requested by the Group Financial Officer
• Liaising with auditors as required
• Have an organised approach to work with the ability to act proactively
• Be of professional demeanour with a calm “can do” attitude
• Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to multi task
• Have a minimum of 1 year experience within an accounts department
• Demonstrate excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Possess excellent English and Maltese language skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation.
Please contact Ami Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org