In-House Commercial Litigation Solicitor, Glasgow (LP61)
To £70k DOE plus attractive benefits package
3-5 years PQE
Permanent opportunity to join one of Scotland’s largest Companies, a recognised leader in their sector across the UK. This well known Corporate with a Turnover of post £3 Billion is looking to appoint an additional Solicitor to their team based at their Head Office in Glasgow. As a member of a team of 5 lawyers this is a multi-faceted role engaged in Commercial, Contract, Property and Corporate law, reporting to the Head of Legal.
1. On a day to day basis deal with the litigation work for the Group. Have experience in representing clients in the Scottish Courts and as a representative in the English Courts. Assist Counsel in some cases through the Sheriff Court Ordinary procedure. Take charge of the company’s debt recovery program which spans throughout different departments.
2. Experience of raising actions in both Scotland and England for debt recovery matters through the Simple Procedure Court or the Small Claims in England.
3. Draft and review commercial contracts on behalf of the company assisting different departments and providing advice on amendments and up to date law.
4. Reviewing and qualifying contract terms.
5. Identifying and advising on any potential commercial or contract risk.
6. Meeting with stakeholders and external suppliers and instructing external solicitors.
7. Providing corporate legal support including company secretarial work.
8. The work on offer will cover the full spectrum of Corporate deals including sales, disposals, acquisitions and Property deals.
9. Providing guidance and support to Contract Management and commercial teams regarding approval processes and policies.
10. Providing legal support to Corporate and Group marketing, communications, procurement and e-commerce teams.
Applicants will have between 3-5 years of PQE gained in a corporate transactional role either In-House or from Private Practice.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Fully qualified Lawyer – 3-5 years PQE.
3. Experienced Commercial Litigator.
4. Experience in a commercial / contracting environment.
5. Ideally In-house legal experience.
6. Hybrid working – week 1: 2 days in office / 3 days WFH | week 2: 3 days in office / 2 days WFH.
For further information please contact Lara Paterson on 07827 929 340 or at email@example.com
|Job Category||Professional Services - Legal|