Health & Safety Officer
Birkirkara – Malta
Salary – €30-34K depending on experience
Our client is a well known engineering company undertaking projects throughout Malta.
A H&S Officer is urgently required to take responsibility for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing, and monitoring H&S policies, programs, and procedures;
• Assisting the company in complying with current health and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of shareholders;
• Increasing the health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
• Investigating and reporting on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to the appropriate senior management, and assisting in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage;
• Investigating and reporting on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the senior management and/or other appropriate senior staff;
• Responding to employees’ safety concerns;
• Conducting, as necessary, safety inspection;
• Coordinating registration and removal of hazardous waste;
• Arranging for occupational health and safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary;
• Acting as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies;
• Coordinating the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in group’s facilities;
• Developing, reviewing, and updating appropriate sections of the Emergency Procedures Manual;
• Liaising with the fire department regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety education programs;
Candidates with demonstrable experience of planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative measures are asked to apply.
Experience within the construction and engineering sector would be beneficial.
Please contact Ami Baird at Ably Resources at email@example.com