Our Client is a large organisation operating in various sectors throughout Malta.
Due to expansion within the Finance Team, a highly motivated and responsible individual with strong leadership skill is now required to assist the Head of Finance within the beautiful new Head Office environment.
Responsibilities of this role include:
• Assisting with the supervision and direction of the centralised finance department
• Undertaking general accounting duties such as data entry
• Preparing monthly management accounts, reconciliations and reports to the auditors for the Business Unit and Centralised Functions.
• Taking responsibility for the compilation of budgets and all other financial reports
• Reviewing the centralised payroll function throughout the month, and taking responsibility for reviewing and checking all wages and salaries
• Supervising and controlling the department’s activities and managing and problems which may arise
• Improving any present systems and solve any system issues that may arise from time to time
• Ensuring that all financial matters remain confidential.
• Motivating the finance team and ensuring development and training for the benefit of the team’s career enhancement
• Dealing with miscellaneous enquiries from other units
• Ensuring that all team members comply with company policies
• Possess a Degree in Accountancy (or equivalent). Candidates in the final stages of qualification such as ACCA can also be considered
• Have at least one year experience in a similar position
• Be fluent in both Maltese and English languages
• Demonstrate exceptional organisation and communication skills
• Be proficient with Microsoft packages and accounting packages
• Show a mature and professional disposition
Our client offers a motivating, busy and aesthetically pleasing environment to work within. If you are ready to take the next step in your career with an organisation dedicated to the professional development of their teams, please contact Ami Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org