We are looking for a skilled and effective Planner/Scheduler to join the team at a large offshore platform fabrication yard in Qingdao, China.
Our client is engaged in their biggest-ever project, constructing two gas compression platforms in the Persian Gulf with the fabrication of materials taking place across yards in China.
As a Planner/Scheduler for this project, your mission will be to establish and manage effectively a planning and progress control system in order to support the Project Manager’s decision-making process and allow them to complete the project according to the internal baselines in compliance with the contractual dates and requirements.
You will Ensure any deviation from the plan is promptly spotted and analyzed, the final time impact is estimated, and the effect of corrective action taken is monitored, creating a schedule awareness atmosphere among all project participants.
The project will pass through three key phases during its development, your workflow and duties will change according to this. Some of your essential duties will include:
During the commercial phase:
• Ensure the development of the project schedule according to commercial needs.
• Verify feasibility and criticality
• Participate in the commercial risk management activities
At project start-up:
• Ensure the implementation of the Planning and Progress Control System required by the contract complexity, riskiness, and duration follows the Project Breakdown Structure and company standards.
• Interface and coordinate with other Company Functions or Discipline Leaders/Supervisors and Managers to build up activities, assign milestones and constraints, prepare all the reference baseline documents, and ensure that the projects planning, and scheduling requirements are properly and clearly communicated to those functionally responsible for executing the work
• Issue the Planning & Scheduling Procedure, Progress Measurement Procedure, and Risk Management Plan for the Project Control Manager verification
• Ensure the effectiveness of the Planning and Progress Control System, monitoring the progress measurement system and ensuring the proper information flow, progress status, and completion forecast are assessed and reported for Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, and Commissioning phases
• Update all Project Schedules, collect actual data, evaluate forecast dates, and monitor any progress and productivity deviation compared with the baseline schedule, including the corrective actions taken by the Project Manager
• Assist the Project Control Manager in the Project Status Report preparation
• Participate in the coordination meetings (internal or with the Client whenever opportune) ▪
• Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process providing the time impact analysis
At project closure:
• Support the Project Control Manager in the preparation of the Project close-out Report and submit the schedule and productivity feedback data to the Project Control and Commercial Department
If you’re experienced in industry-leading projects for the offshore sector and wish to discuss this opportunity further, all you need to apply is an up-to-date copy of your CV to start our fast application process. You can submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
|Job Category||Crew Management / Marine|