Our Client is a European Design, Cost and Project Management Consultancy undertaking a range of projects throughout the world.
Striving to exceed expectations, this organisations continues to attract the best market talent and now also seeks a Cost Manager to join their highly experienced team in Kiev.
This role will incorporate both commercial management of a high end project together with some project management responsibilities (assisting the Project Manager in place).
Cost Management responsibilities will include:
• Advising the Company on the project cost and commercial information from concept right up to certification and completion of the project
• Establishing and following-up the procedures for communication and coordination between the members of the project team, as well as monitoring the distribution of information an documentation in relation to cost, commercial and contractual matters
• Developing high level cost plans, project budgets, bills of quantities, project estimates, tender evaluation, drafting of contracts, contract management, assessment of variations, close out of project finances
• Working closely with the project manager and contribute to the drafting of reports and others relevant project documents in relation to cost;
• Taking the initiative to meet internal deadlines and work in accordance with resource budgets on projects
• Making the most economic use of allocated time to assignments based on budgeted resources and
• immediately discuss any points/issues that require the Management’s guidance
• Managing and taking responsibility for the project in question, particularly although not limited to finance and quantities.
As an Assistant to the Project Manager, responsibilities will include:
• Managing communication, coordination and transmission of information between stakeholders (consultants, contractors, suppliers, customers, etc.)
• Reviewing documents/information before submission/circulation, acquiring the approval of the Senior PM beforehand
• Assisting with the preparation, updating and issuing of the project management plan, risk register, procurement plan, progress reports also with regard to cost, tender reports, meeting minutes and all other reports, for the development and efficient and effective operational functioning of the project.
• Such documents must be produced in Ukrainian and / or English as necessary and shall be prepared under the direction and supervision of the Senior Project Manager
• Assisting in assessing Contractor’s bids and coordinating commercial reviews
• Supporting the management of Contractors including daily site visits.
• Supporting with the management of all contractual and administrative aspects of the project including but not limited to: planning, executing, monitoring and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budgets, ensuring timely delivery.
• Supporting the coordination of all project requirements including leading the client interface and coordinating the multi-disciplinary design team members and all stakeholders to deliver complex programmes of works according to plan
• Collaborating with Document Controllers and other team members to ensure that the detailed systematic flow of information amongst all interested project team members matches the status of the assigned task/s
• Monitoring that the objectives contained in project documents are achieved
• Assisting in ensuring QA/QC, carrying out early quantity inspections on site while also taking the
• necessary remedial action in a timely manner
• Possess a professional qualification in the area of Commercial Management, Contract Management, Project / Construction Management
• Demonstrate a solid cost management and project management career history which will include side experience
• Have proven experience in successfully delivering large projects of a complex nature within a multi-disciplinary team
• Possess a background design work experience, preferably in hospitality projects
• Preferably be a member of RICS
• Have excellent knowledge of the
• (including contract administration) applicable to the Construction industry in Ukraine, particularly in Kiev
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and related cost management programs
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian
If you are a solid, dependable Cost and Project Management professional, our client offers the opportunity to utilise your skillset within an organisation dedicated to high quality, timely and cost efficient delivery of beautiful projects.
Please contact Ami Baird at email@example.com