Concrete Technical Manager
Our client is a manufacturer of high quality construction materials in the beautiful island of Malta.
Due to re-organisation of the business, the role of Concrete Technical Manager has been created and a suitably qualified individual is now required as a key appointment in the business.
• Providing practical assistance related to concrete operations in the manufacturing plant and on sites
• Acting as first point of communication contact (relating to concrete) for internal and external clients; documenting any customer complaints as per procedures
• Assisting in the quality control of daily operations. Ensuring quality controls are in place and are adhered to during the ordering, batching, delivery, sampling, and testing of the concrete.
• Pro-actively driving the implementation of procedures and provide technical support to the sales team production and operations departments.
• Responsible for mix designs, cost reduction and assist in pricing exercises. Take part in raw material selection and characterization.
• Driving yearly Quality and Cost Savings Action Plans for the concrete and precast departments.
• Assisting with the management, motivation, and development of all operatives (batchers, drivers, technicians) implementing training as required.
• Ensuring compliance with Company, National and International Standards.
• Continuing to develop the ISO9001:2015 documentation including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures. Analysing QC results and track KPIs for both Departments.
• Involvement in the development and promotion of new products.
This role will provide hands-on technical expertise to run the concrete and precast departments supporting both internal and external customers. Applicants will have sound knowledge of concrete technology, associated quality systems and a strong commitment to Health & Safety, welfare and the environment.
Applicants will have:
• Degree of Advanced Diploma in Construction Engineering, Civil or Structural Engineering
• Excellent knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in construction and related International Standards.
• Demonstrable knowledge of processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the efficiency of the work
• Good knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance
• Excellent people management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a well known, highly reputable organisation on Malta. Suitably qualified individuals seeking relocation will be considered.
For full details, please contact Ami Baird at email@example.com