Assistant Financial Controller
Our Client is a private organisation providing luxury living accommodation in a community setting.
An Assistant Financial Controller position has now been created within the business to assist the Financial Controller with all aspects of accounting management.
• Supporting the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the finance department
• Ensuring that accounting entries are recorded properly and timeously
• Carrying out regular reconciliations of all control accounts, bank and cash accounts as well intra-group company accounts
• Managing and mentoring a small team of junior staff
• Attending stock takes and review any variances
• Ensuring that all internal practices comply with current legislation
• Reviewing and enhancing internal controls
• Assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Recommending improvements to the existing internal reporting
• Improving internal processes where possible by leveraging technology to ensure efficiency
• Assisting external auditors during the interim and annual statutory audit
• Assisting in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with accounting standards
• Possess past experience in a similar position
• Demonstrate excellent understanding of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, month end reporting, etc.)
• Be well-organized with ability to prioritize workload
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be well conversant with Microsoft Excel
• Be in possession or in the final stages of an accounting degree or equivalent
• Previous experience of SUN accounting software/Sage will be considered as an asset
If you are an Accountant seeking your next move in industry, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in an Assistant Financial Controller position.
For full details, please contact Ami Baird at email@example.com