Assistant Construction Commercial Manager
Our client is a large main building contractor on Malta undertaking a range of low-medium rise new build developments in addition to restoration and refurbishment projects.
An Assistant Commercial Manager is now required to join the busy team on a full time basis. Individuals will have a background in civil engineering / construction and preferably Quantity Surveying.
Possessing demonstrable experience in Risk Management to Procurement, Financial Reporting and managing Supply Chain, the successful applicant will assist the Commercial Manager with:
• Managing and overseeing all activities within the Commercial Department including assisting more junior members of the team
• Undertaking pre and post tendering processes
• Implementation of contracts
• Recruitment, interviewing and recruitment of suitably qualified individuals into the department
• Implementation of commercial processes and procedures
• Have strong commercial awareness on construction projects, demonstrating technical competency through the tendering process
• Possess strong client liaison skills and be confident dealing with all stakeholders
• Show excellent communication skills and team leading ability
• Demonstrate knowledge of main forms of contract and subcontract and understand how to maximise value whilst minimising risk
• Have previous experience in claims management and dispute resolution including knowledge of the Adjudication Process to enable “win/win” settlements to the agreement of all parties
• Have excellent organisation ability and the capability to work under pressure
• Possess extensive IT skills – particularly with Microsoft Projects and Microsoft Office
This is an excellent opportunity for an already very experienced construction commercial professional to take the next career step.
Our client offers a remuneration package between €40-45K per annum depending on experience together with various additional benefits.
Please contact Ami Baird at email@example.com