Salary – negotiable
Our client is a highly reputable organisation now offering archaeological services to their client base.
Due to increased workload, our client seeks a suitably qualified individual to monitor construction sites from initial topsoil removal to ensure the preservation of historical artefacts or structures thereunder.
This role will include:
• Pre-development heritage consultation and compilation of assessments
• Compilation of Surveillance Data Sheet documents
• Monitoring and on-site coordination of projects
• Archaeological investigations and on-site technical documentation, including surveying techniques
• Post-excavations including the examining, cleaning, preservation and/or conservation, treatment and documentation of artefacts
• Creation of an investigation archive of catalogued records
• Illustrations and photography of archaeological artefacts/remains and other related works
• Site coordination as and, when necessary, to organize investigative works, liaising with the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage and being responsible for the completion of the site archive
• Non-intrusive field walking studies as authorised by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage
• Adhering to high standards of ethical and responsible behaviour in the conduct of archaeological services as directed by the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage.
• Possess a Degree in Archaeology
• Have some experience or knowledge of Maltese archaeology
• Demonstrate fluent English (both written and spoken)
Our client offers the successful applicant the opportunity to work with experienced Archaeologists, working towards your License.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within your chosen field.
Please contact Ami Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org